Thursday, December 21, 2006

First-Time Blogger!!!

Yes, this is my first time to "blog" EVER. lol.

My days of late have been filled with, no not writing (slap on the wrist), but teaching a friend how to make quilts. Her mother passed away a year ago and she wants to make seven (yes 7) King size quilts from her mother's clothing for the family. So here I am still in my jammies in the middle of the day, taking a break from sewing, to try to "blog' something that others might find halfway interesting to read. OK, might not be doing so well on that, but the quilts are turning out nice.

I got a Neo Alphasmart for an early Christmas present from my dh, that I ordered myself (grin). It came in yesterday. It was great to lay in bed and write while dh was watching television. That gets two birds with one stone: time together and writing. One of the grumbles he has, when I'm writing like I should, is that we don't get to spend much time together. I'm either at work (still working full-time - Oh where is that Lottery money I'm suppose to win!) or in the office pounding the keyboard with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Hopefully, Neo will make it more convenient to write as we're navigating around the country in the RV, as well. That and the Navigation system I got for dh for Christmas. This year it's all about making my life easier. . And celebrating the birth of Christ, of course.

It's still "iffy" on where I'm going to end up for my next job stint. For those of you who aren't aware, I'm a traveling nurse in the real world. (Trust me when I say I'm not that in my fantasy world or my dreams.) Anyway, it looks like Florida has squeaked ahead of Arizona by a nose, for now. I may be following Cyndi farther south afterall.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!!!


(Sigh, I'm done. What a relief, I'm not a virgin blogger anymore! lol)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Losing your blogging virginity is so easy...sort of like...well, never mind.

Welcome to the blog, Ellen. Glad to have you here. Can't wait to see your alphasmart.

Heading to Florida for the winter. Hope to see you there

Anna J. Evans said...

Great first blog, Ellen. Glad to see you here :).