Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Intro and Shameless Promo

Hey people!

This is Anna J. Evans, multi-published author and proud Arkansas Diamond. I've been writing romance (erotic romance, specifically) for three years and am published with Ellora's Cave, Liquid Silver Books, and several other e-publishers. I'm a stay at home mom writer to a two year old and a full time stepmom to my 12 year old and 8 year old stepdaughters. In between loads of laundry and taxi-servicing all the kids to doctors appts and lessons, I like to write sexy romances with a sense of humor. You can learn more about me at http://laughoutloudsexy.com or over at my blog, http://laughoutloudsexy.com/WordPress. (Which you probably don't want to, but I thought I'd give you the option. Options are fun, and we all like fun.)

So this is my first post on the Diamonds blog, and I'm already going to hit you with a promo. But it's a nice promo, I promise :).



"Decking the Hollisters", my Wild Winter Quickie, released from Ellora's Cave today. A new release is always exciting, but this one is especially meaningful for me because I'm really proud of this story.

"Isn't a writer always proud?" you might ask.

Why...no. Or at least not this one. I'm my own worst critic, and no amount of sales or 5 star reviews will ever convince me that most of my work isn't not-quite-as-wonderful as it could be. But this book is different. For the first time, I'm sending a baby out into the world with a light heart, eager for it to meet new people. (Okay, I dont' really think books are babies. I have a baby, and 2 stepdaughters, and wouldn't feel nearly the same if one of them were to be run over vs. a book deleted from my hard drive....no comparison really. Books are books. Babies are babies)

But you get my drift, I'm sure. It's so nice to have that sense of a job well done, to know that, no matter what the reviewers or the sales, you know you told that story to the best of your ability. That feeling, well...it rocks.

And that's all I have to say for my first blog, lol! (Oh, and you can click on the cover to be taken to the 'buy' page over at the EC site. I TOLD you this was a SHAMELESS promo, didn't I ;)).

0 comments: