Monday, December 4, 2006

Busy! Busy! Busy!

I've been remiss in my duties as a blogger here! Things have been hectic. But this time of year, who's life isn't?

I see Cyndi rearranged the furniture. The blog looks lovely! Who doesn't like shiny jewels? It's easy to get distracted by shiny things. Distraction has been my life lately. For those of you who didn't read the saga of the broken car, my ride died on me nearly three weeks ago. I just got it back on Friday. Needless to say, it's a real pain being without wheels. Especially since the dratted day job is a hundred mile round trip. Between my mother's graciousness in borrowing her vehicle and my company's willingness to pay for a rental toward the end, I survived.

Other distractions in the last month was National Novel Writing Month aka NaNoWriMo. If you've never heard of it, the point of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50k word novel in 30 days. I managed, just barely but I finished. The sequel to my Ellora's Cave release, The Cost of Eternity, is written. Now I just have to do some serious editing. The last 22k were written in five days. But you can't edit a blank page!

The other big distraction happened over the weekend. Liquid Silver Books announced the release date of my gay romance, Thirty Days. An ebook, it will be available on the evening of December 18th! I expected it to be a January release and I wasn't ready for it. I've been pulling together a contest and trying to spread the word.

So if I've neglected the Diamonds blog, at least I've had some legitimate reasons! I promise to do better in the future!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't feel neglected! At least, I don't feel neglected. I knew how hard you were writing, but I didn't know about how long your car was out of commission.

Glad you like the new "living room" furniture! It's easier on my eyes that the old style.